What is the Holocaust? Who were its victims? When did it occur? What were the ghettos, and why were they established? How did the “Final Solution” evolve? Dr. David Silberklang offers a clear and concise introductory answer to these complex questions.
Dr. David Silberklang is Senior Historian and Editor of Yad Vashem Studies, International Institute for Holocaust Research, Yad Vashem.
- Part 1: Introduction
- Part 2: The Nazi Rise to Power (1933)
- Part 3: Separation, Exclusion, and Expulsion (1933-1939)
- Part 4: War and Territorial Expansion (1939-1941)
- Part 5: “Operation Barbarossa” – Systematic Murder Begins (1941)
- Part 6: The “Final Solution” Coalesces (1941-1942)
- Part 7: Perfecting Industrial Murder (1942-1945)
- Provide a concise definition of the Holocaust.
- Highlight the importance of such an overview to educators.