The Holocaust Education Video Toolbox is designed to help educators teach the Holocaust. The focus is on methodological and pedagogical suggestions that aid with this often daunting task, as well as practical materials and discussion points for classrooms and groups - hence the name, Video Toolbox. In choosing the various topics, we have drawn on our experience with a global audience of teachers at the International School for Holocaust Studies at Yad Vashem.
The videos are divided into 5 main sections:
- Fundamentals: These videos lay out some of the foundations of Holocaust education as we see them at the International School for Holocaust Studies at Yad Vashem.
- Witness Testimony: These videos detail the various uses for testimony and testimony films in the classroom.
- Online Resources: These videos focus on items on Yad Vashem's website, demonstrating their various educational uses.
- Published Materials: These videos profile some of our published educational materials, demonstrating how these might be used in the classroom.
- Echoes & Reflections: These videos introduce lessons from the Echoes & Reflections educational program.
The Oneg Shabbat Underground Archive in the Warsaw Ghetto
Emanuel Ringelblum: The Oneg Shabbat Underground Archive in the Warsaw Ghetto
Rachel Auerbach and the Public Kitchen in the Warsaw Ghetto
The Jewish Letter Carrier in the Warsaw Ghetto, by Peretz Opoczynski
The Oneg Shabbat Archive Collections: The Wills of Israel Lichtenstein and Gele Sekstein
The Great Deportation in the Warsaw Ghetto - Abraham Lewin's Diary
Poetry in Holocaust Education: 'Testimony' by Dan Pagis
Artists of Terezin: Petr Ginz
Glimpses of Jewish Life before the Holocaust
Roots of Nazi Ideology
Artists of Terezin: Leo Haas
Teaching the Holocaust Using Sports
The Auschwitz Album - Guidelines for Educators
Survivors' Return to Life - Part 1
Survivors' Return to Life - Part 2
Teaching the Holocaust Using Art
The "Final Solution" - Jewish Life on the Brink of Death
What is the Holocaust?
The Development of the Final Solution
The Educational Philosophy of the International School for Holocaust Studies, Yad Vashem
Yael Eaglstein-Benayoun, Shanie Lourie and Dr. Naama Shik are staff members at the International School for Holocaust...