- Gerlach, "Failure of Plans", pp. 60-78; Arad, The History of the Holocaust, part 1, 228.
- At this stage of the war, this was an ‘anti-partisan war without partisans’ as can be learned from the numbers reported by the Germans. For every German soldier killed, there were 30 partisans killed and 451 taken prisoner. It is only two years later that the partisans were able to conduct a significant guerilla war. Waitman Wade Beor, Marching into Darkness: The Wehrmacht and the Holocaust in Belarus, (Harvard University Press, 2014), 92-118.
- Waitman Wade Beor, Marching into Darkness: The Wehrmacht and the Holocaust in Belarus, Harvard University Press, 2014, pp. 92-118.
- Browning, 288-9.
- Gerlach, "Failure of Plans", pp. 60-78.
- Browning, 283.
- Browning, (Hebrew edition), 403.
- Staatsanwaltschaft bei dem Landgericht Stuttgart, JS 328/60, August 28, 1962, Widman’s trial, 45-6, cited in Yitzhak Arad, The Holocaust of the Soviet Union, part 4, 138.
- Adolf Hitler, Monologe im Fuhrerhauptquartier: Die Aufzeichnungen Heinrich Heims, ed. Werner Jochmann (München: Wilhelm Heyne, 1982), 106, translated in: Gerlach, "Failure of Plans", 60-78.
Sunday to Thursday: 09:00-17:00
Fridays and Holiday eves: 09:00-14:00
Yad Vashem is closed on Saturdays and all Jewish Holidays.
Entrance to the Holocaust History Museum is not permitted for children under the age of 10. Babies in strollers or carriers will not be permitted to enter.