The Labor Camp in Trzebinia
In the second half of 1944, the “Trzebionka” labor camp, affiliated to Auschwitz, was set up in the area of Trzebinia. All the prisoners were Jewish, and they were put to work developing the existing ammunitions factories for Erdoel Raffinerie Trzebinia GmbH.
In 1944, a group of 14-17-year-old children arrived at the camp from Auschwitz. In 1944, the camp was bombed by the Allies.
The camp was evacuated in January 1945, and the prisoners brought westward on death marches, together with other prisoners from Auschwitz-Birkenau.
On 17 January 1945 the Red Army entered Trzebinia.