On the eve of the Nazis' rise to power 2,000 Jews lived in Würzburg, the capital of Lower Franconia about 120km South-East of Frankfurt on the banks of the River Main. It was a community of tradesmen and professionals. It was a rabbinic center and home to many Jewish communal organisations and the Jewish Teachers Seminary.
In November 1941, the first Jews from Würzburg were sent to the East. The final transport departed in June 1943. Few survived.
This is the story of the community of Würzburg