The History of the Munkács Community Before the Holocaust
Peace Agreement Between the Munkács and Belz Hassidim Signed in Munkács in 1934
At the official General Assembly Meeting at the "Machzikei Hadat" Synagogue, on 11 March 1934, with the participation of members of the "Neological Community Congress" Association as well as, of course, the rest of the members of and visitors to the prayer house that accept the peace agreement that the Orthodox Community and its prayer house received, and that was approved by the authorized delegates of both sides, as one document […] and irreversible. Also, the members of the community and/or visitors to the prayer house renounce all confrontation with the Orthodox Community and the Orthodox Rabbinical Institution, and cancel all claims against the Orthodox Community.
At the same time, the assembly wholly approves the council and the administration of this prayer house, as well as the Property Committee of the previous Congress Community, in coordination with the autonomous Orthodox Community, to take all necessary steps to implement this peace agreement in full, including translating the agreement and passing it to the authorized authorities.
Munkács, 11 March 1934
Shlomo. L Bleier, Wettenstein Mendel – Chairman [President]. Ostreicher Chaim – approved.
Representatives of the Orthodox Community:
Chaim Wettenstein – trustee
Watenstein Mendel – administration
Blayer Mendel – administration
Property Committee of the previous Congress Community:
Shlomo Weingarten – registrar
Representatives of the "Machzikei Hadas" Community and the previous Congress Community, and they are:
Shlomo Bleier David Yakobovitz
Original in German. Yad Vashem Archives
Courtesy: Tuvia Klein