The International School for Holocaust Studies
Echoes & Reflections
In this lesson, you learn about the effects of the Holocaust on children and also study post-Holocaust genocides. You also learn about Janusz Korczak. For a page of testimony for https://www.yadvashem.org/yv/en/resources/names/supporters.asp, click here.
For an additional photograph of Janusz Korczak, click here.
In this lesson you meet Vladka Meed.
To learn about the fate of Vladka's family members who perished in the Holocaust, click on the pages of testimony identified with
In this lesson you meet Jan Karski. For more information about him, click here.
- Kovna, Lithuania, Two Children, Aged Two and Five, with Jewish Badges in the Ghetto
- Birkenau, Poland, May 1944, Women and children on their way to gas chamber no. 4.
- Warsaw, Poland, Children Sitting on the Pavement Soliciting Alms
- Warsaw, Poland, September 19, 1941, A Child Lying on the Pavement in the Ghetto
- Nowy Sacz, Poland, A Boy Selling Newspapers in the Ghetto
- Warsaw, Poland, Girls Eating in a Soup Kitchen
- Anne Frank, The Netherlands
- Lubny, Ukraine, A Jewish Woman Sitting with Her Children Before Their Execution
- Children Selling Cigarettes in the Warsaw Ghetto, Poland
- Krakow, Poland, 1941, Adam Wnuczek at the Age of 12, with Two Other Boys in the Ghetto
- Rumkowski's Address at the Time of the Deportation of the Children from the Lodz Ghetto, September 4, 1942
Diaries and Letters
- From the Diary of Stanislaw Adler on the Beggar-Children of the Warsaw Ghetto
- From the Train to Auschwitz - Hanna Goldberg's Last Letters
- From the Diary of Josef Zelkowicz on the Hardships for Children in the Lodz Ghetto
Educational Resources for Teachers
Yad Vashem has launched its Central Database of Holocaust Victims’ Names on the Internet and an Eleventh Hour International Campaign is underway to collect additional names on Pages of Testimony.
For the Central Database, click here.
For more information and classroom activities related to Pages of Testimony, click here.
- "Stolen Youth" - Testimonies on the Survival of Two Young Women in the Holocaust (lesson plan)
- Children in the Holocaust (lesson plan)
- I Wanted to Fly Like a Butterfly (lesson plan)
- "Until Then I Had Only Read about These Things in Books.." - the Story of Uri Orlev (lesson plan)
- Jewish Children in the Holocaust as Reflected in Their Diaries (lesson plan)
- Guidlines for Holocaust Commemoration
- Through Our Eyes (study guide)
- Yesterdays and Then Tomorrows: Anthology of Testimonies and Readings for Holocaust (book)
- Are the Trees in Bloom Over There? By Frederick Raymes and Menachem Mayer (book)
Your feedback on this Echoes & Reflections section of our Web site is important to us. Send us your comments.