| Subscribe | Press Room | Store | Friends | Contact Us

Karasubazar hatchery

Latitude: 45.03976, Longitude: 34.36755

Murder site area of Karasubazar's Ashkenazi Jews Murder site area of Karasubazar's Ashkenazi Jews Photo by Mikhail Tyaglyy, 2011
The International Institute for Holocaust Research at Yad Vashem

On December 10, 1941 76 [Ashkenazi] Jews, including women and children of all ages, appeared at the collection point at the town administration building (according to some sources, a school building) with their belongings, supposedly to be sent to work. They were taken under German guard via Sadovaya Street on the northern outskirts of the town to the nearby hatchery, where they were shot to death with sub-machine guns by a unit from Sonderkommando 11b at an anti-tank trench. According to some testimonies, the little children were put to death by smearing poison on their lips. The victims were buried on the spot by Romanian soldiers. Their belongings were loaded onto trucks and driven to the SD [headquarters].
Audio
Yakov Mangupli, the last Krymchak in Belogorsk (Karasubazar), who was born there in 1954 tells about the murder of the Ashkenazi Jews of Karasubazar
To listen - click here
Yakov Mangupli, the last Krymchak in Belogorsk (Karasubazar), who was born there in 1954 tells about the murder of the Ashkenazi Jews of Karasubazar
Interview by Mikhail Tyaglyy, 2011
The International Institute for Holocaust Research at Yad Vashem