A group of survivors in Bergen-Belsen Displaced Persons’ Camp, Germany
After liberation, the concentration camp of Bergen-Belsen became the site of a Displaced Persons' (DP) camp. The British army medical corps helped in the physical rehabilitation of the former prisoners. The DP camp was in existence up to 1951, with the residents of the camp, under the leadership of Josef Rosensaft, managing to organize a lively social, cultural, and political life in the camp.
Yad Vashem Photo Archives 3815/23