How can a vast subject like the Holocaust be taught effectively? How can we approach this often daunting, difficult subject? How do we avoid deterring our students, or even traumatizing them? This film presents two components of the educational philosophy for teaching the Holocaust, as developed and refined at the International School for Holocaust studies at Yad Vashem.
Shulamit Imber is Pedagogical Director of the International School for Holocaust Studies, Yad Vashem.
Yael Eaglstein-Benayoun, Shanie Lourie and Dr. Naama Shik are staff members at the International School for Holocaust Studies, Yad Vashem.
- Part 1: Introduction
- Part 2: Rescuing the Individual from Anonymity
- Part 3: Murderers, Bystanders, and Rescuers
Archival footage and photographs:
- Yad Vashem Museum Collection.
- Yad Vashem Photo Archive.
- Yad Vashem Film Archive.
- Steven Spielberg Jewish Film Archive, Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the Central Zionist Archives, WZO.
- Steven Spielberg Film and Video Archive, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Bundesfilmarchiv/Transit Film GmbH.
Every effort has been made to locate the copyright holders to obtain the appropriate permissions and apply the correct attributions. If you have any information that would help us in relation to copyright, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Film produced by Mikooka Productions - www.mikooka.com.
- Provide the educational meaning of the Holocaust to the present-day classroom.
- Orient questions and discussions so as to be relevant to students.
- Present the Holocaust as a human story, in accordance with the educational philosophy of the International School for Holocaust Studies at Yad Vashem.
- Basic Bibliography of the Holocaust
- European "Bystanders”
- Interview With Professor David Bankier
- An Interview With Prof. Saul Friedlaender
- An Interview With Prof. Shulamit Volkov
- Were These Ordinary Poles?
- Interview with Shulamit Imber, Pedagogical Director of the International School for Holocaust Studies
- How Do You Teach Children About the Holocaust?
- Jewish Self-Help in Warsaw