| Subscribe | Press Room | Store | Friends | Contact Us

Molėtaii-Vilnius Road

On August 26, 1941 the Germans collected the Jews who remained in the town, mostly women and children, in the synagogue (or study house), where they were kept for three days without food or water. On August 29 the Jews were taken out of town and killed 1.3 kilometers from the right side of the Molėtai-Vilnius Road. They were buried in a mass grave at the site. According to an operational report sent by Karl Jaeger, commander of Einsatzkommando 3a, 582 Jewish men, 1,731 Jewish women and 1,469 Jewish children from Molėtai and Utena were murdered by his unit on August 29, 1941.