| Subscribe | Press Room | Store | Friends | Contact Us

Romanovka murder site

The Germans permitted Jews with certain professions to remain in the town. However, on December 7, 1941 another selection took place at the former recruiting office and 168 Jews, including some of the specialists and members of their families, were taken on foot or by truck to the area of the former airport near the village of Romanovka, where deep shell-holes had remained after the bombing of the area in July of 1941. The Jews were shot there.