Monument (erected in 2001) at the Public Garden murder site
A Memorial Ceremony in Dzerzhinsk, August 25, 1998
Yad Vashem, The Visual Center V4243
The Jews who remained alive after the first mass murder on August 25 returned to the town. Later they were incarcerated in the kolkhoz
power-saw building, which was surrounded with barbed wire. The second murder operation took place on October 18, 1941 (according to another source, October 25), when 583 to 850 additional Dzerzhinsk Jews were taken to the public garden located not far from the first murder site and murdered in three pits. With the assistance of local policemen the Germans first took the women to the murder site, then they took the children.